We are looking for a post-doc to work in the research project “Dual function of metacognition: the interplay between metacognitive monitoring and regulation”. The project is funded by the National Science Center, Poland (OPUS 20). The Principial Investigator is dr Marta Siedlecka.
This work is for you if like doing behavioural research and you are open to challenging your own as well as mainstream ideas and methods in metacognition research. You will work with dr Marta Siedlecka and dr Borysław Paulewicz. We offer inspiring, friendly, relaxed, research-focused work environment. Your main responsibility will be to prepare and run behavioural experiments. You will also participate in all other aspects of scientific processes.
The starting date is between November and December 2021 (the earliest possible date is preferred). You must have your PhD before signing the contract. The contract will last for 42 months. Approximate gross monthly salary is PLN 7,400 (plus benefits, the exact salary is calculated depending on your previous employment and choice of retirement plan). The workplace is Institute of Psychology in the centre of Krakow.
- meeting the criteria of the National Science Center regarding post-docs in the OPUS 20 projects (Regulations on awarding funding for research tasks funded by the National Science Centre: SEE HERE);
- programming skills (knowing Python will be an asset);
- ability to conduct statistical analyses (experience with R will be an asset);
- experience in planning and running behavioural research in the field of psychology or cognitive science;
- fluency in English;
- knowing the theory and methods of metacognition research will be an asset.
Selected candidates may be invited to an online interview.
For additional information, please contact dr Marta Siedlecka (email@example.com).
The official advert containing all required documents is HERE.
Application submission deadline: 30.09.2021.
The selection process will be concluded by 15.10.2021.